There are few things more frightening than receiving a foreclosure notice in the mail. If you are someone who is currently facing foreclosure, however, you should understand that you have several rights, and, in many cases, you also have several options on the table. Our Rockland County foreclosure defense attorney is well-versed in these legal options, and our firm will work to do everything in our power to keep you in your home. Please continue reading and give The Law Offices of David M. Katz, P.C. a call today to learn more about your rights and what our firm can do for you. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What are my rights if I am facing foreclosure?
If you are someone who is currently facing foreclosure, on your home, you should understand that you have several rights afforded by federal & state law, as well as the deed of trust or mortgage you signed upon taking out the loan. Some of the rights you have when facing foreclosure are a follows:
- You have the right to apply for loss mitigation.
- You have the right to pay off the loan to prevent a sale.
- You have the right to receive foreclosure notices.
- If you are a U.S. service member, you have a right to receive certain special protections.
- You have the right to become current on the loan in question and put a halt to an impending foreclosure sale.
- Under certain circumstances, you may have a right to participate in mediation to work out an alternative to foreclosure.
- You have the right to challenge the foreclosure in court, with the assistance of a knowledgeable Rockland County foreclosure defense attorney.
Should I hire an attorney to help fight foreclosure on my home?
If you are currently facing foreclosure, it is critical that you retain the services of an experienced New York State foreclosure defense attorney who has extensive knowledge of the state’s foreclosure laws, as well as of your rights. Our firm can work to form a comprehensive strategy in an effort to prevent a foreclosure on your home, thereby allowing you to get your financial situation back on track, keep your home, and move on with your life. If you have any additional questions about the foreclosure process, or you are ready to hire a foreclosure defense attorney, please do not hesitate to give our firm a call. We are ready to help you in any way we can.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED ROCKLAND COUNTY FIRM
Here at The Law Offices of David M. Katz, P.C., we understand how frightening the prospect of losing your home due to foreclosure can be. For this very reason, our experienced attorneys have dedicated decades of our professional careers working to help those facing foreclosure stay in their homes and move on with their lives. Contact our firm for the experienced, compassionate guidance you deserve and need.